Britain’s oldest and most respected bathroom company
Founded in 1880 by M.J. and S.H. Adams, Adamsez began life as engineers, designers and manufacturers of ceramic sanitary products.
Based in Newcastle-upon-Tyne (while keeping offices and showrooms in London) the firm was for many years owned and run by members of Adams’ own family. Using fireclay drawn from the family owned mine at Scotswood, the company used both continuous and intermittent kilns to produce ceramic sanitary ware of the utmost quality.
The firm went from strength to strength and in 1954 Adamsez won the Gold Medal at the tenth Trienniale in Milan, a feat that was repeated six years later.